Join us throughout the summer as Peacehaven Community Farm hosts the Disability Gain Summer Series – a time to share a meal and learn more about disability and inclusivity.
“Disability Gain” derives from the belief that disability is not a loss, but the gain of something else. Flourishing communities cherish this gain––accepting and celebrating the vital differences inherent within us all, including those with different physical, intellectual, and developmental abilities.
Such communities do not become fully inclusive without intentional efforts to make them so. To create a community of love, we must ask ourselves the questions:
- What does it mean to be a part of a community that values people with and without disabilities?
- What are the ways that our community can promote understanding and empathy?
- What can we learn about creativity, leadership, vulnerability, and shared humanity?
- How can we even begin to understand all we have to gain?
To lead these conversations, the featured Summer Series speakers are doers, advocates, and changemakers––committed to fostering a more inclusive world for all.
We hope you join us as we sow seeds of conversation that encourage us to consider what is good for one, is better for all.
- Who: You! Please also consider inviting your friends, family members, neighbors, co-workers, faith group, civic group, or corporate team to join a fruitful. Spaces are limited. Please visit this link to reserve your spot.
- What: Lunch and thoughtful conversation. Peacehaven will provide the main lunch dish. We invite guests to bring a (nut-free) side item to share. Lunch will begin being served at noon. The speaking portion will run from 12:15-1:00. We invite guests to stay afterwards for a time of fellowship.
- When: select Thursdays this summer from noon to 1pm
- June 7th: Wendie Blanchard
- June 14th: Dr. Ann Fox and Phelps Sprinkle
- July 12th: Greg Little and Reality Ministries
- July 19th: Dr. Stephen Byrd and Dr. Pat Piegari
- Where: 1458 NC Highway 61, Whitsett, NC 27358 ….otherwise known as Susan’s View, Peacehaven Community Farm’s first supportive home for adults with disabilities
- Questions? Please contact Timber Beeninga at firstname.lastname@example.org